Tuesday 10 March 2009

Since the last post, we have moved house twice! We finally sold our house which had been on the market for over a year. Then we moved into an apartment temporarily until we found a nice house to rent. We lived in the apartment for four months over winter, and I really missed my garden. Now we have a nice big house with a huge garden, and I'm free to grow as many vegetables as I can manage. We are very close to the Danube, and it's a bit warmer here than in our old village. There is an existing garden bed which is about 10m x 3m and covered in blackberry and grass. I also want to build some raised beds opposite for herbs and strawberries.
The weather is still quite cold with forecasts of snow, but I've seen plenty of signs of the coming spring. I've started digging out the blackberry and am looking forward to the next warm day to get my hands back in the soil.
Till next time!

No comments: