Wednesday 19 August 2009

Middle of August

We are nearing the end of summer, and I'm finally harvesting the orlando mini eggplants. They are delicious grilled on the barbeque!




We are also eating quite a lot of pumpkin.



The first capsicum is turning red!



I'll need to come up with some ideas for all this beetroot. I think we'll be roasting the first one....



I grew onions for the first time this year, from both set and seed. My favorite is definately the red onions which are waiting to be braided. I also grew shallots from set, and some parisian white skinned onions pictured below...



The peach tree was fantastic and I even made a batch of peach and cinnamon jam, unfortunately the wasps have taken over the show now, so I dare not get too close.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

lovely vegetables, especialy mini eggplants!